I’ve written a lot about online social networks, marketing, search engine optimization, and internet technology in general, but this Friday night I’m going to do yet more research for my benefit and that of my two readers. Hi mom! Actually I don’t think my mom reads my blog all the time, but she has read it and doesn’t always approve of what I write, but I never started a blog to communicate with my mom…
Also becoming more important in marketing is appealing to socially conscious consumers and even if they are not socially conscious, they are more aware due to the Internet, and can become a much more powerful force for brand building. Empowered consumers can be a double edged sword online. BP or Beyond Petroleum as they started styling themselves are going to have to do a lot, and frankly I don’t think they can overcome the disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. I’m glad even Gordo hasn’t allowed drilling off our coastline here in BC.
I’ve collected a variety of links, which I’ve divided into three categories, stuff I’ve written, general sources for learning more about marketing online, and a collection of specific articles.
- Blog your way to a better career
- The Origin of Brands: A book review
- Citizen Marketers: A book review
Online Marketing Resources
- Top Ten Secrets to Social Network Superstardom
- My social media toolkit
- How to build your online brand
- SEO tips for building your personal brand
- The 10 Obstacles To Brand Building On The Social Web And How To Avoid Them
Man a lot of people write a lot of crap and call it professional advice. At least I call my crap, crap. That’s what passes for a Socratic influence now a days.
- Citizen Marketing
- Citizen Marketers: A Book Review
- Guy Kawasaki’s blog is better than mine
- Blog your way to a better career (no really)
This entry was originaly posted on , it was last edited on and is filed under: Internet, Marketing, Online Social Networks, Self Marketing and tagged: brand building, online, social media marketing, social networks.