Today was another sick day. I forced myself to do the laundry, actually leave my apartment to buy more orange juice and medicine and I painted on. The four models now look more like Nefarious Fire Chaos Space Marines.
I used the wet palette, but still haven’t done any custom blending. The blue-green stuff on the Obliterator, is built up from a grey basecoat, a thinned waaagh green ink, and some vellejo green grey (model color 106). I used two thin washes and finished with a final highlight of the green grey.
For black power armor I go Foundry triad 34. I tried lots of things and that worked the best. I also use Chaos Black and Badab Black and even a little Fortress Grey on the final most highlights.
My purple is pretty much unchanged from the last batch of these guys. Liche Purple, then Warlock, then slightly darkened Titillating Pink. I use a thinned wash of the old purple wash, not the new one GW is selling, the ones with blue lids.
Then I really had to wait for things to dry. The banner needs some fixing up, the brass trim needs some fixing up on most models. None of the eyes are done. The next two colors to be done are a classic dark green for the tubes and bones for the skulls and what not. I also plan to add in a little copper tubing and gold knickknacks. Things always take longer than I estimate, but if I apply myself I should be able to finish the four of them bases and all over the weekend.
Might have to shop for a new camera, of course I’m still paying for my MBA and likely always will. I also may soon need a new job…
If you want to see more of my painting particularly how the Nefarious Fire paint scheme came to be finalized, check out this thread on the Bolter and Chainsword.