Now that the great taxonomy redo of 2013 is mostly complete, I can get around to making all the other improvements and changes I’ve been considering to my blog. I’ve already altered my sidebar again. While I was editing and reorganizing literally almost 1000 blog postings a new version of WordPress was released. Rushing out and upgrading is not something I recommend having used WordPress since 2005. I prefer to let others use their blogs to test the latest release and give plugin authors more time to fix their code.
I’ll probably soon install Yoast’s SEO plugin, which some see as the holy grail of search engine optimization. I’ve been in the online self publishing game too long to believe that anything used by 100,000’s of people contains any top secret SEO tricks. I’m hoping that improving my taxonomy and the focus of my blog will pay dividends. I’m also planning to deemphasize and possibly “no index no follow” my tag and date archives. Though I don’t see why I get a “duplicate content penalty” for using features built into the content management system.
Advice and Techniques from Others I may Try
Pinterest Pin It Button for Imageserr jQuery Pin It Button For Images
- How to Display Post Excerpts in WordPress Themes
- Customizing the Read More
- Cool Things You can do with the WordPress “more” Tag
- WordPress excerpts, featured images and <more>
- How to add featured image thumbnails to WordPress posts and pages, the easy way
- How to WordPress: Best Practices, Part 1