This post becomes popular right around CFA exam results day. I did not enjoy writing the CFA exam, I enjoyed my MBA program less. Some people just refuse to believe I’m telling the truth.
Here is photographic proof, or at least I hope it is, that I passed the exam:
At first I wasn’t even sure I did significantly better on the 2012 CFA Level 1 exam than on previous attempts, but I did get well over 70% on several sections, even if I did get below 50% on too many sections for my liking. I felt like shit the entire exam. I strategically focused on sections that worried me or that were worth more points and I think that is reflected in my results as I really had to rush through some sections.
Not all CFA Level 1 questions are created equal.
I guess I should update my resume and my LinkedIn profile as I’m still very much unemployed. I’ve applied to 100s of jobs, looked at 1000s of job postings, I’m just not wanted. I don’t think a virtual job fair is the answer. I don’t have the answer, everything I do ultimately feels like a waste of time or at least woefully inadequate.
If any CFA Level 1 candidates are still reading this far, I should mention I made study materials available that took me hundreds of hours to create. As helping other people, especially fellow students, is after all my great sin.
- Excel spreadsheet with a 120+ carefully chosen practice problems
- Excel spreadsheet that generates common CFA practice problems
- 400+ Cue Cards carefully typed out into WordPress
More on CFA Exam Results
- Business Insider
- CFA Candidates LinkedIn Group
- BPP Blog
- Dealbreaker again…
- AnaylystForums June 2012 Level 1 results thread I’m not sure there is a high correlation between time spent posting in forums and actually passing the exam.
- CFA Level 1 Study Materials
- CFA Level 1 Problem Set
- FREE CFA Level 1 Study Materials
- Stella CFA Preparation Class
This entry was originaly posted on , it was last edited on and is filed under: CFA, Depression, Excel, MBA, Sauder and tagged: 2012, anxiety attacks, cue cards, exam results, Level 1, practice problems, study materials.