I’ve given and collected a lot of advice on how to improve your writing particularly online. That advice is spread over a number of different posts some of which get read, others go unheeded. While updating one of these old posts today I decided to collect the best of the best tips and links together in one single post. This will make it easier to share and possibly easier to find in search engines.
- 10 Tips to Improve your Writing
- What is really important when self publishing online?
- Timeliness And Timelessness
- Focus & Repetition
- 10 Keys to Blogging Fame and Fortune
- My Top 10 SEO Tips
- Writing for GoogleJuice VS Writing for Klout
More Advice from Others
- Although I don’t advocate it, some in the blogosphere especially those in content marketing and search engine optimization will advocate writing a 1000 word post a day, here are some of their tips to break writer’s block.
- An oldie but a goodie, “Gentle Reader, Stay Awhile; I will be Faithful“.
- George Orwell’s 6 Rules for Writers
- Kurt Vonnegut’s 8 Tips on How to Write a Great Story
- There’s Nothing Different About Your Blog, Except This 1 Thing
- A SCIENTIFIC GUIDE TO WRITING POPULAR–AND SHAREABLE–HEADLINES FOR TWITTER, FACEBOOK, AND YOUR BLOG, apparently the secret is to use all caps in your long keyword stuffed H1 tag.
Writing Advice from a Weightlifter
Jim Wendler writes about weightlifting, he has a lot of advice on writing about your passion, becoming a professional writer, developing a business model, you can watch him speak in this YouTube video: